Do you want to play a role in the success of the Academy? Here’s how..
Do you want to volunteer your time with the Wildlife Leadership Academy? Yes! Here are some of your options:
- Summer Field School Support – Come for a day or for a week – you are always welcome!
- Academy Alumni Committee – Help keep our online platform active, organize the Alumni reunion and develop fundraising ideas.
Get experience and build your resume with us! We are looking for outstanding Alumni to be a part of our summer staff to guide and mentor each new class of Conservation Ambassadors. Here are the details on the opportunities:
- Academy Instructors – For interested Alumni who have some training in any of the wildlife/fisheries/ecology subjects field school covers and would like gain experience teaching.
- Academy Support Team – For upper-class high school /college age Alumni who would like to support field school logistics; if hired must commit to a full field school week.
- Academy Office Intern – For college age Alumni who are interested in gaining more behind the scenes experience; requires living in Lewisburg for the summer and attending most field schools.
- Academy Field School Intern – For college age Alumni who are interested in gaining more behind the scenes experience; requires attending most field schools – works in tandem with office intern when at field school.
- Academy Elite – For a select group of Alumni who are interested in becoming Lead Field School Coordinators including being responsible for staff, programs logistics, and risk management and safety. Academy Elite are selected based on maturity, responsibility, and leadership potential. Elites-in-Training must commit to two field schools their first summer.
Interested in volunteering or working? Update your information with us and choose what you are interested in at the end of the form. We will reach out to you based on your interests!
Did you love your experience at the Academy? If so, consider giving to one of our Annual Campaigns!
- Did you get a scholarship? Maybe you want to give to the SCHOLARSHIP FUND to help ensure that students have the same opportunity that you did!
- Did you participate in Pay It Forward? Then surely you know what means to set a goal and try to reach it! Give to one of this year’s PAY IT FORWARD student campaigns and make a difference!
- Still on a college budget? Don’t fret – give just #10forthenextgen – every dollar counts!
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Howard Thurman