The Wildlife Leadership Academy enriches Pennsylvania teens and empowers them to become certified Conservation Ambassadors through attending one of our 5-day residential summer field schools: white-tailed deer, brook trout, ruffed grouse, turkey, or bass.
Our students gain extensive knowledge about wildlife and conservation, leadership experience, and communication skills.
Please consider helping us continue to build a network of inspired and dedicated young leaders for conservation to ensure a sustained wildlife legacy for future generations.
Our Conservation Ambassadors receive:
- Letters of Recommendation from the Executive Director for college applications;
- Certification of community service work, and,
- Certificates designating them as Conservation Ambassadors.
PLUS, Conservation Ambassadors are also eligible to:
- Receive 3 College Credits from Cedar Crest College;
- Apply to become a Youth Mentor and return to the program tuition free the following year;
- Compete for college scholarships;
- Attend college visit days at colleges and universities that have wildlife and conservation programs; and,
- Join an Academy Alumni Network of wildlife, fisheries, and conservation professionals.
We are looking for highly motivated students between the ages of 14 and 17 to join one of our 5-day residential summer wildlife/fisheries focused field schools to begin their journey to become Conservation Ambassadors. Students should have demonstrated interest in the outdoors and in wildlife and/or fisheries conservation.