The Wildlife Leadership Academy enriches Pennsylvania teens and empowers them to become certified Conservation Ambassadors through attending one of our 5-day residential summer field schools: white-tailed deer, brook trout, bass, turkey or bear.
Our students gain extensive knowledge about wildlife and conservation, leadership experience, and communication skills.
Please consider helping us continue to build a network of inspired and dedicated young leaders for conservation to ensure a sustained wildlife legacy for future generations.
Our Conservation Ambassadors receive:
- Letters of Recommendation from the Executive Director for college applications;
- Certification of community service work, and,
- Certificates designating them as Conservation Ambassadors.
PLUS, Conservation Ambassadors are also eligible to:
- Receive 3 College Credits from Cedar Crest College;
- Apply to become a Youth Mentor and return to the program tuition free the following year;
- Compete for college scholarships;
- Attend college visit days at colleges and universities that have wildlife and conservation programs; and,
- Join an Academy Alumni Network of wildlife, fisheries, and conservation professionals.
We are looking for highly motivated students between the ages of 14 and 17 to join one of our 5-day residential summer wildlife/fisheries focused field schools to begin their journey to become Conservation Ambassadors. Students should have demonstrated interest in the outdoors and in wildlife and/or fisheries conservation.
Our nomination process is now closed for the 2021 field school season.
Because of caring and engaged mentors like you we received a exceptional number of nominations again this year – THANK YOU!
If you would still like to encourage a youth to apply this year you can send them directly to our application page HERE. The application deadline is March 15, 2021.
If you would like to be one of the first to know about nominating a student for the 2022 you can…